вівторок, 29 серпня 2023 р.

Valya

 1. Irregular verbs

2. Unchecked exercises

3.  Whom (якого, кому, ким, про якого) як відносний займенник. У цьому значенні майже не вживається)

I spoke to a man. I had met him before.

                                                   him → whom/who/ that

I spoke to a man whom (who, that) I had met before.

Sara is a teacher. I admire her.

                                                   her → whom/who/ that

Sara is a teacher who(m)/who/ that I admire.

Не плутати!

I saw him in the park yesterday.

Who(m) did I see in the park yesterday?

He knows them.

Who(m) does he know?

4. Правило: коли можна і коли не можна пропускати relative pronouns (відносні займенники)

Who/that/ which/ whose не можна пропускати у таких випадках:

Who(that) (about people) – subject (cannot be omitted)

I met a man. He can speak six languages.

he → who

I met a man who can speak six languages.

I know a lot of people. They live in London.

                                                 they → who

I know a lot of people who live in London

 

 

That (which) (про тварин, предмети та явища) - subject (cannot be omitted)

This is a bus. It goes to your city.

                                                  It → that

This is the bus that goes to your city.

Where are the eggs? They were in the fridge

                                                   they → that

Where are the eggs that were in the fridge?

Whose (people, objects, animals) – possession (cannot be omitted)

That`s the woman. Her house caught the fire yesterday.

                                                 her → whose

That`s the woman whose house caught the fire yesterday.

Але!

У деяких випадках відносні займенники можна пропустити.

whom/who/ that (people) - object – додаток (can be omitted)

I spoke to a man. I had met him before.

                                                   him → whom/who/ that

I spoke to a man whom (who, that) I had met before.

I spoke to a man I had met before.

Sara is a teacher. I admire her.

                                                   her → whom/who/ that

Sara is a teacher whom/who/ that I admire.

Sara is a teacher I admire.

That/which (objects, animals) – object – додаток (can be omitted)

That is the book. I read it last summer.

                                                   it → which/that

That is the book which/that I read last summer.

This is the book I read last summer.

5. 

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар